Friday, September 08, 2006

Tonight tonight...

Tonight is the eve of Mid Sha3ban. It is a very special night. in the middle of Shaban, Our Kibla (the direction towards we face 5 times a day in prayer) was changed from Al Masjid Al Aksa in Jerusalem, to Al Ka3ba Al Mosharrafa in Mecca. Tonight, the night between the 14th and 15th of Shaban is supposed to be according to several Ahadith to be one where God forgives and grants prayers and Duaa's with His mercy.. Alhamdulillah Rabb Al 3alameen

So it is so advised to do Ihyaa' this night. meaning... dedicating the night (or some of it ) to God, doing zikr (subhanallah... alhamdulillah etc), Duaa (supplication), prayer and tilawa (recitation of quran).

So now it is almost 2 am in the morning, unfortunately I have not done much of that... I was quite tired today... and I was doing stuff till about 45 minutes ago... I tried to do Salah 3ala Alrasool because I know they are always accepted ISA even if I am not concentrating or doing something else... I just had some tea with milk to try to keep me awake a little bit, I hope I can. thought maybe writing about it may count as doing something good tonight... maybe if anyone reads this later... where their timing is after mine would remember and say some prayers ISA.

In any case... these last hours of the night are always good to do quiyam layl and praying every night of the year.

Tonight... reminds me so much of Ramadan's mood. especially the last 10 days, where we try to stay awake at night and have our caffeine shots one after the other... lest we fall asleep and miss any of it. Reminds me of looking forward to laylat al kadr... wondering each night if this is the one. and being hopeful always that God will forgive us... and love us.

I love tonight for bringing ramadan so close to my heart.. making me spiritually prepared and waiting for it... like a warm up you may say.

I wish that this Ramadan brings all the good and blessings from God to our Islamic Ummah.... To answer all our prayers belkhair (that are in our own good... Allah always knows best). I hope God lights the path for us this year... And I hope Ramadan this year finds you all in good health and Iman.. ISA.

Salla Allahu 3Ala Muhammad.. Salla Allahu 3alayhi wa Sallam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home