Thursday, August 24, 2006

The True Essence of Islam

Like a precious stone, Islam reflects light and colours in different ways, all of them beautiful.

However the reflections may vary, the stone remains unchanged.

The precious jewel, the centre of Islam and the first pillar of Islam is embodied in the Shahada:

La ilaha il Allah, Muhammad-ur-Rasool-Allah

Which can be translated as:
There is no God but Allah and Muhammed is the Messenger of Allah.

Habib Umar, the prominent Yemeni scholar, stated that such is the weight of the Shahada, it outweighs everything else in the world.

This is because the Shahada is the ultimate truth and the truth belongs to everyone. That is why Muhammed (pbuh) was sent as a Messenger for all peoples, for all time.

The whole purpose of Islam, the goal of every Muslim on earth is to worship Allah and to work towards perfecting this worship.

Such a state of perfection was described beautifully by Rabi'ah al Adawiyya:

Of gardens or fire I have no opinion.
I seek no exchange for my dearest love.

2 Comments:

At 8/25/2006 5:41 PM, Blogger doshar said...

beautiful words safiya.

when someone "sees" the truth... it is one of the blessings of life... and it is difficult to unsee it.

 
At 8/30/2006 11:32 PM, Blogger Jannah said...

again I can't help myself but comment on such a lovely portrayal of my religion Islam.

Safiya, you reminded me of a real story that happened with a muslim scholar. It was about "La ilah ella Allah"... IsA I'll tell you about it soon enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home