Friday, September 01, 2006

The Day she opened her heart

I like to wander along the blogosphere... looking for interesting blogs.. especially Islamic ones... I am happy to have found so many... a lot of muslims that have the same aim in mind... bring Muslims together... and try to show islam's beauty. they are so many... don't know who to link.... will need a free after noon for that.

And reading... some posts so touch my heart. Some of the most heart touching stories i read are those by Islamic converts... btw I love that alot of them refer to themselves as "reverts" rather than converts... feeling that Islam in inherent in their soul and fitra. Maybe it is that their faith is so new.. and pure.. not tainted by time.. and being taken for granted that happens with born muslims. but al hamdulillah... all muslims have to renew and regenerate their faith... even by saying"La ilaha Illa Allah".


Anyway.. do not want to wander too far off from my story... I came across this Muslim blogger revert in the US that dedicates her blog to stories and poems about her life as a muslimah. going through her archives, I found this beautiful post called "The day I opened my heart".

The story is so beautiful I almost cried. I do not have the link to it but .here is the link to the january archive, it is the second post, dated January 24th, 2006.

It was beautiful for so many reasons... it shows how God is so kind...
How He answers our prayers... and how He stands by those who need them... especially new muslim reverts... they are so lucky to have a whole new clean slate. I wish to know of a new muslim to ask him/her to pray for me... I believe that they are close to God... and hopefully will always be... along with the rest of us ISA.

I also loved the tradition the turkish women in the post have... they meet every week for studying religion... and every week they put their names on pieces of paper... and pick one out.. and the name that is pulled out.... they all do duaa (prayer) for that person for whatever her heart desires. It is so nice. wanna do it. anyone intersted?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home